Welsh Schools Pistol Championships 2023
“A qualifying event for the British Shooting National Final”
Closing Date for Entries: Sunday 15th October 2023
The Eventbrite entry form will be open from 0900 Tuesday 5th September.
Enter using our Eventbrite page
The competition will be shot on electronic targets set up for the Welsh Open Airgun Championships which runs from 3rd to 6th November. If you are also interested in the Airgun Championships, details are on Welsh Airgun Championships 2023
Individual and Team Categories:
- Junior – School Year 6, 7 & 8
- Inter – School Year 9, 10
- Senior – School Year 11, 12 & 13
- All mixed gender and physical ability categories.
- Home schooling is allowed.
- Teams of three athletes (see below)
- Disability Class at the National Final
- NATIONAL FINAL QUALIFICATION: Top three Individuals and Top Team from each age category at each Qualification Event automatically qualify for the National Final. Top scoring Championships Reserves will also qualify, see rules for further information.
- All categories compete on a 10m Range, using a .177 calibre Air Pistol only.
- Juniors – Double or single handed is allowed, Intermediates & Seniors – Single handed shooting only.
- Following the closing date, entrants will be emailed PRE-EVENT INFORMATION & CONFIRMED TIMETABLE
TEAM ENTRY: Teams of 3 athletes, from the same school/college in the same age category. All athletes who enter this competition will be eligible for the team event, if there are two or more fellow athletes also entered from the same school, in the same age category. A team score is the grand total of the three athletes 20-shot qualification scores. NB. If there are more than three students from the same school entered in the same age category, the highest scoring 3 athletes will be identified as Team A, the next three athletes as Team B and so on.
Click HERE to open the British Shooting Rules
NATIONAL FINAL 2023/24: Tuesday 6th February 2024 @ Chase Leisure Centre, Staffordshire.
This is one of eight qualifying events in the BSSPC 2023/24 season. To see and enter ALL the Championships events see British Shootings Schools Pistol page.
Event Format Qualification – 20 competition shots in 20 minutes on electronic targets. Call to the line will be 10 minutes before the start time. Preparation and sighting time will be 5 minutes, unlimited shots.
Final – ISSF final.
The timetable will be confirmed once all entries have been received.